Well the snowstorm is predicted to hit Saturday night and last through Monday morning – and they’re saying 4″ – 9″ of snow! Throw in a Superbowl Sunday night and we’ve got ourselves a busy weekend! Here’s the perfect recipe to help warm you up when you come inside from shoveling, plowing and salting, and its also perfect for your Superbowl tailgate!
- Cooking oil spray
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 15 oz cans northern white beans, 1 15 oz can kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable or tomato juice *
- ¼ cup hot sauce *
- Plain yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Chopped scallions (optional)
- Crumbled bleu cheese (optional)
Coat deep skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Add carrots and celery and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Dump these three ingredients into a warming crockpot.
Add ground chicken to skillet and thoroughly cook, stirring and breaking apart chicken into small pieces. Drain fat. Dump chicken into crockpot.
Sprinkle chili powder and flour into crockpot and stir all ingredients together.
Add beans, vegetable juice and hot sauce and stir. Simmer in crockpot.
Serve as is or with optional toppings
* Can use spicy tomato juice and/or more hot sauce to kick up the heat